M. A. Psychology.
The Department of Psychology is starting M.A. Psychology program from the academic Year 2018-2019.
- To prepare competent Psychologists with excellence in knowledge and efficient practice of the discipline of Psychology
- To create strong practice oriented theoretical base hand in hand with recent advances in the field of Psychology
- To equip students with creative as well as empirical approach based in theory and research practices in quantitative and qualitative methods
- To provide students with opportunities to understand and work at the intersections between academia and the social world
- Students will be able to inculcate the qualities of a well-informed, competent and ethical Psychologist
- Students will be able to apply their knowledge of the discipline of Psychology to various fields
- Students will be able to methodically carry out research in various fields and participate in research communities
- Students will be able to work in various venues of Psychological intervention applying their skills and knowledge efficiently
- As per norms prescribed by Savitribai Phule Pune University.
The programme will be for duration of two years. Specialization will be introduced at M.A. Part-II level. There will be a total of four semesters. Each year will comprise of two semesters. A student will appear for four papers in each semester which will include Practials, practicum and Research project (Research project will be assigned purely on merit basis).
- The number of seats will be 40 (excluding NRI & Foreign quota)
- Admission will be made on the basis of merit. Merit lists will be drawn in accordance with the provisions of Admission Policy of the college.
- The Programme will commence subject to the minimum enrollment of students.
Credits, Examination and Evaluation Scheme:
- The total credits of the Programme will be 64 credits. Each paper will carry 4 credits
- Each paper will be of 100 marks.
- There will be a 40-60 pattern of evaluation.
- 40 marks will be for internal evaluation consisting of mid semester assignments, projects, book reviews etc.
- 60 marks will be allotted for external evaluation i.e. final semester end examination.
- There will be a dissertation in Semester 4.
- Marks assigned for practicals- 100
- Marks assigned for practicum – 100
- Marks assigned for Field work/ Research Project -100
Course Structure (Psychology- M.A. Part-I & II)
A. M.A. Part I
M.A. Psychology Part-II (Clinical Psychology Specialization)
M.A. Psychology Part-II (Counseling Psychology Specialization)
M.A. Psychology Part-II (Industrial Psychology Specialization)
The courses will be taught by the faculty having strong research orientation along with field experience. The Guest Faculty who fulfills the norms of the UGC Regulations on Minimum Qualifications for the Teachers 2010 and other rules prescribed by UGC and SPPU from time to time in this regard. In case of special circumstances, the professionals and experts will be invited whenever required.
- Dr. Alpana Vaidya
Head Department of Psychology